Each year, over 2 million Australians suffer from anxiety with many of those cases leading to depression when left untreated.
Frankincense the ‘king’ of oils, lavender, ylang ylang, vertiver and bergamot are all beautifully calming oils.
- Frankincense is deeply grounding
- Lavender is known for reducing feelings of anxiety
- Vertiver has a tranquil, grounding and reassuring energy
- Ylang Ylang helps with feeling happier, more courageous and more optimistic; and
- Bergamot reduces stress and has been used effectively in treating anxiety and depression
When the scent of an essential oil is inhaled, molecules enter the nasal cavity and stimulate the limbic system of the brain. These stimulants create a stress or calming response affecting heart rate, breathing patterns, production of hormones and blood pressure.
Within 22 seconds they reach the brain when inhaled, within 2 minutes they reach the blood stream when applied topically and within 20 minutes, they affect every cell in the body.
So how can you use and combine essential oils to create feelings of inner peace and ease?
- Mix lavender and frankincense in a diffuser in the bedroom at night
- Apply a few drops of lavender to the chest for peace throughout the day
- Add a couple of drops of any of the above to the palms of your hands, cup over your nose and inhale deeply
- Add 5 drops to a 10 ml roller bottle topped up with a carrier oil like fractionated coconut and roll behind the back of your neck.
- Put a few drops of your favourite blend of the above oils on your pillow at night
- Add a few drops to a warm bath for ultra relaxation
It’s that simple.