I am asked non stop about the best essential oil blends to support sleep. It seems that as a generation, a restful nights sleep is something we treasure, yet have the most trouble achieving – kids in tow or not.
Falling asleep, staying asleep or sleeping deeply enough to wake up feeling rested is easier said than done when you talk to anyone who struggles in this area so I want to offer you some of the best essential oil blends for sleep that we have experimented with and found helpful over the past 6 months.
As a side note: when I met Tim, he was lucky to get 4 hours of sleep per night. His sleep (or lack thereof) was the catalyst that saw us dive into the world of essential oils. 6 months on its now often him who’s telling me its time for bed instead of me finding him on the couch at 3am in the morning with the TV still on.
Sleep is everything and these oils will help.
Oils that support a restful nights sleep
- Vetiver – Calming, grounding, sedative (safe to apply neat)
- Bergamot – Sedative, anti anxiety, anti tension (safe to apply neat)
- Ceaderwood – Calming, sedative, anti anxiety (best to dilute)
- Frankincense – Grounding, sedative (safe to apply neat)
- Lavender – Sedative, calming, relaxing (safe to apply neat)
- Sandalwood – Calming, sedative (safe to apply neat)
How to use essential oils to support sleep
- Add a diffuser to the bedroom and put it on 30 minutes before bed
- Make up a calming spray and spritz it on your pillow
- Rub 1-2 drops of oil into the soles of feet (dilute for children)
Please remember, not all essential oils are created equally. The oils we use and love are created by doTERRA are they are the most potent and pure essential oils in the world. When you’re using oils therapeutically, quality matters. If you’d like to learn how you can purchase essential oils at the same wholesale prices that we do, please get in touch. Email tegan [@] essentialelixirs.com.au
The best essential oil blends for sleep
Either diffuse or apply to soles of feet
- 2 drops bergamot, 2 drops lavender, 2 drops cedarwood
- 2 drops lavender, 2 drops frankincense, 2 drops cedarwood, 2 drops bergamot
- 2 drops lavender, 2 drops cedarwood, 2 drops sandalwood
- 2 drops lavender, 2 drops cedarwood, 2 drops vetiver